Atobatele Emerges Chairman House Committee On Social Development and Women Affairs
Honorable Lukmon Olajide Atobatele, representing Abeokuta South State constituency1, on Thursday emerged the Chairman of Social development and women affairs.
The deputy minority leader was also named the vice-chairman committee on Works and infrastructure.
Over the years Atobatele has been a philanthropist, social developer, and welfarist over the years.
He had engaged the citizens in many social development programmes such as
1. Education: As part of my social development plans for the community around me and my beloved state, with the help of God, I remodeled and equipped 2 blocks of classrooms at Moshood Abiola primary school Adatan, Abeokuta Ogun state. Also distributed thousands of learning materials to the pupils. This edifice was commissioned by His Royal Majesty Alake of Egbaland, Oba Micheal Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo III for the use of our future leaders.
2. Women: As an Experienced Developer, I had partnered with agencies of the government to cater to and provide for the social needs of women in markets by building affordable shops in the market areas and locations to enable them to do business which has bettered their lives and also the economy of the state.
3. Affordable living: In my constituent, it is no news that portable water is a major need affecting our living conditions. I donated generating sets, powered the streets with solar, and ensure drinkable water was made available for the people of my constituents.
4. In the height of petrol scarcity, there was a need to help the people in terms of fueling their automobiles. I partnered with a major filling station and I gave free petrol to the people of my constituency.
5. In the area of social development community development is a major part. I also painted The Igbeyin town hall and also installed 2 giant Standing Air conditioners in the community facility. This hall in question was built by the collective efforts of the Igbeyin people.
6. Also, with the help of the Almighty, I helped the Muslim community in the Mowe area of Ogun state, by roofing the entire Mowe Central Mosque.
7. As a lover of education and the transfer of knowledge, I launched and run a scholarship program that looked into helping needy students pay their tuition in the three basic levels of learning; primary, secondary, and higher institutions of learning.
8. To mention but a few, during the pandemic in 2020, I looked inward and realized the need to support the populace to face and cushion the effect of the lockdown which maimed a lot of struggling businesses and put too many people out of their jobs. With a heart of Gold, I donated food items, essential materials to the people.
9. To the women in need of upkeep and other social vices, I did Cash donations to all wards within my Constituency running into millions of naira. This has helped them add to their capital in their day-to-day market activities and also support their families.
10. As a means of reaching out to all and sundry, we engaged in social programs where I donate bags of Rice, chicken, rams, and cows to my Constituency during festival periods
This new role as the Chairman of Social development & women’s affairs, also doubling as the Vice chairman on the committee on Works & Infrastructure is something I have been doing for ages and will perform exceptionally well. Another feather to my already decorated welfarist Cap!!!
With these new roles, there is so much up my sleeves, yet to be unwrapped. Follow this page for updates, information, and opportunities for all and sundry. Inclusive governance is our watchword.